Birthday Month - Part 1

Birthday Month - Part 1

Having a chronic (well, more than one...) illness does have its upsides. Instead of having an actual birthday I'm having a birthmonth. I had to spend a lot of my actual birthday in hospital, so we planned little things through the month so I had something to look forward to every week. And here's how it's gone so far...

5th June - I went to Nandos with a few of my friends which was lovely. There's nothing quite like celebrating your birthday with chicken ;)

7th June - I had a Spa Day at Slayley Hall which was honestly amazing. I had a massage, exfoliation & facial as my treatments, they made me my own special almond milk milkshake with gluten free brownies, then, I had afternoon tea at the Duke's Grill. The whole day was really nice. I didn't get to make use of the spa facilities as I was too tired, but the treatment and food was divine. Also, they get extra points for making me gluten free afternoon tea! I loved spending some time with my mum and sister, so that was the icing on the cake!

8th June - My actual birthday. I spent the morning in hospital at rehab and appointments. It was ok though, we had cake! I did have some tests done which didn't come back so positive, but it didn't dampen my day. I rested in the afternoon and went to dance teaching for half an hour in the evening. They all sung happy birthday which was cute! Then, I went to Cafe 21 for my birthday meal which was amazing. The food was possibly the best food I've ever tasted and I had a lovely night with my family. I got some lovely presents for my birthday too - hello Michael Kors bag, Tiffany bracelet & Pandoras. My friends and family spoilt me rotten which was so cute. I got to the stage where I thought I had no friends, but was bombarded by presents and cards. A special mention to my friend Merryn, who got me the most gorgeous balloons delivered to my door too - so special!

13th June - Surprise weekend. Andrew came over to treat me to my late birthday weekend. I wasn't very well so it was pretty tricky and didn't quite go as planned, but hey, it was still nice! We went to Six at the Baltic for tea. We had champagne overlooking the quayside, absolutely lush food and a very nice time. I was spoilt all weekend!

14th June - Bingo! Mum, Michelle, Jennifer, Abi, Andrew and I all went to the bingo. None of us won, but it was a great night!

The next week was busy with finishing college (yey!) and dance shows! But, 27th June is my family/close friends birthday party which I'm really looking forward to. We've planned for if I'm not very well too, so I just need to relax and enjoy it.

So, overall, a very good start to the month. Bring on the 27th!

Kate x

No comments

Post a Comment